The Objectives of the Irish Student Health Association are as follows :
- To be the leading authority in promoting best practise and standards within student health in 3rd level while recognising the different needs of students and the health services within each individual institution.
- To provide opportunities for peer support/communication among the professional groups.
- To facilitate health promotion and to advance student health in Ireland.
- To provide a forum for continuing education of its members.
- To provide a forum for its members to meet and share ideas.
- To facilitate joint research projects.