Welcome to the website of the Irish Student Health Association
This site promotes health information and events and provides information for Healthcare Professionals and all involved in the specialist field of healthcare provision for students in 3rd level education in Ireland.
- HSE National Immunisation Office COVID-19 Vaccine bulletin 3. Published 22/01/2021.
- Bulletin 3 covers; Check list for vaccinators before 2nd dose of COVID-19 vaccine; Vaccine management; Changed advice about vaccinating close contacts of a case of COVID-19; Intramuscular (IM) injection technique; How to manage, store and handle vaccines; Updated advice on transportation time of Comirnaty® vaccine; Dilution of Comirnaty® vaccine; COVID-19 vaccines and allergies; Update from HPRA; CDC reports on cases of anaphylaxis following administration of Comirnaty® vaccine in the USA; FAQs. » read more
- The second bulletin from the HSE National Immunisation Office which highlights changes in clinical guidance for the COVID-19 vaccination programme. Published 15th January 2021.
- This edition covers · COVID-19 Vaccine Moderna® · Updates on guidance for Comirnaty® (Pfizer/BioNTech) vaccine · Contraindication and precautions to Comirnaty® and Covid-19 Vaccine Moderna® · Reminder regarding the administration of COVID-19 vaccines from multi-dose vials · Close contacts and vaccination · Transporting diluted Comirnaty® vaccine up a flight of stairs · Advice for women who are planning a pregnancy · Information for pregnant or breastfeeding women » read more
- National Immunisation Advisory Committee have issued an update to Chapter 5A - COVID-19 from the Immunisation Guidelines for Ireland. Published 13th January 2020
- NIAC have issued an update to Chapter 5A - COVID-19 from the Immunisation Guidelines for Ireland. Key updates include ● Effects of COVID-19 in pregnancy ● Pregnant healthcare workers included in priority groups ● Pregnant women with at risk medical conditions included in priority groups ● Comirnaty® Pfizer/ BioNTech vaccine ● Recommendations for use of COVID-19 Vaccine Moderna® » read more
- HSE National Immunisation Office COVID-19 VACCINE BULLETIN 1. Published 07/01/2021
- The first bulletin from the HSE National Immunisation Office which highlights changes in clinical guidance for the COVID19 vaccination programme. Bulletins will be published every week or more frequently, if required. » read more
- Questions and Answers for pregnant or breastfeeding women and their doctors about COVID- 19 vaccination. Specific to the Comirnaty® vaccine, manufactured by Pfizer/BioNTech. Published January 2021.
- This information has been compiled by the Institute of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in conjunction with the NIAC at the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland and endorsed by the HSE National Women and Infants Health Programme. The information contained within this document refers specifically to the Comirnaty® vaccine, manufactured by Pfizer/BioNTech. If and when other vaccines are approved, this document will be updated to include information and guidance on these additional vaccines. » read more