Welcome to the website of the Irish Student Health Association
This site provides a forum for disseminating information and promoting discussion amongst those involved in the specialist field of healthcare provision for students in 3rd level education in Ireland.
- Asthma Society launches new Action Plan
- The Asthma Society of Ireland recently launched their newly updated asthma E-Learning programme and new 'Asthma Action Plan'. The E-Learning programme, 'Care of Adults and Children with Asthma E-Learning Education Programme' will help healthcare professionals increase their knowledge in asthma care, while the Asthma Action Plan will allow patients and healthcare professionals to work together to get the patient's asthma under control. » read more
- HIQA advises Minister for Health to introduce a PrEP programme to prevent HIV
- The Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) has published a health technology assessment recommending the introduction of a pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) programme for populations at substantial risk of sexual acquisition of HIV. HIQA has advised the Minister for Health that the HTA found that the successful implementation of a national PrEP programme in Ireland would be safe, effective and cost-saving. » read more
- HSE Men on the Move Evaluation Report (12/06/2019)
- As part of Men's Health Week, Minister Catherine Byrne TD, Minister of State for Health Promotion has launched the Men on the Move Evaluation Report. The report was commissioned by the HSE to investigate how Local Sports Partnerships together with the HSE and partners could use physical activity as a means for engaging with men about their health and wellbeing. » read more
- 'Asthma: An overview' article being published in American 'Nursing & Primary Care' Journal
- We are delighted to announce that the recent article from our Assistant PRO, Theresa Lowry-Lehnen, from IT Carlow, is to be published in the highly respected American Journal, Nursing & Primary Care. It is due recognition for the extremely high quality of the article, which provides an excellent comprehensive overview on Asthma for both doctors and nurses, from diagnosis, to treatment and management. » read more
- DOH, 'Skin Cancer Prevention Plan 2019 -2022' launched today 27/05/2019.
- The 'Skin Cancer Prevention Plan 2019 -2022' is aimed at tackling the most common type of cancer in Ireland. Over 11,000 cases of skin cancer are diagnosed each year and the number of cases is projected to double by 2045. The plan focuses on the fact that most skin cancers could be prevented. It addresses awareness of skin cancer prevention and has identified the priority groups as children, outdoor workers, those who participate in outdoor leisure activities and sunbed users. » read more