Welcome to the website of the Irish Student Health Association
This site provides a forum for disseminating information and promoting discussion amongst those involved in the specialist field of healthcare provision for students in 3rd level education in Ireland.
- Student Health Matters app - App of the Day!
- The Student Health Matters app has been credited as the App of the Day by Download Astro, who have over 10 million monthly visits from users to their site. Created in partnership with the Irish Student Health Association and Expert Self Care, the Student Health Matters app provides evidence based, safe and reliable health information, and is the first of its kind resource for 3rd level students in Ireland. » read more
- HPV Vaccination: The Facts. An article written by Nurse Practitioner Theresa Lowry Lehnen, Institute of Technology Carlow, published in the Medical Independent 04/05/2020.
- HPV Vaccination: The Facts. An article written by Nurse Practitioner Theresa Lowry Lehnen, Institute of Technology Carlow, published in the Medical Independent 04/05/2020. Theresa is a regular contributor to Medical and Nursing Journals and Newspapers, including the Medical Independent, Irish Medical Times, Update Journal and Nursing in General Practice Journal (NiGP). You can access links to this article and a selection of Theresa's journal articles and book publications here. » read more
- Partner notification- STI screening in primary care. An article written by Nurse Sarah Hickey, CIT, published in Nursing in General Practice Journal
- 'Partner notification- STI screening in primary care', an excellent article written by Nurse Sarah Hickey from the student health centre at Cork Institute of Technology (CIT) was published in 'Nursing in General Practice' Journal. Issue 1: Volume 13 January/February 2020. » read more
- ISHA 2020 Conference Report
- The Irish Student Health Association Conference 2020, themed 'A healthy mind in a healthy body', took place on Friday 28th and Saturday 29th of February, hosted this year by our colleagues from Trinity College Dublin (TCD). The conference was held at The Alex Hotel, with the annual gala dinner at the spectacular and historic Trinity College Dining Hall. Delegates from all corners of the country gathered, and the conference was a great success. » read more
- Fundamentals of Travel Health for Practice Nurses
- Fundamentals of Travel Health for Practice Nurses Date: Saturday 14th March 2020 Venue: The Red Room, Student Centre, UCD, Belfield, Dublin 4 Time: 09.00-16.30 NMBI Category One Approval pending » read more