Welcome to the website of the Irish Student Health Association
This site provides a forum for disseminating information and promoting discussion amongst those involved in the specialist field of healthcare provision for students in 3rd level education in Ireland.
- 2020 ISHA Conference - call for abstract submissions for Pauline Carbery Memorial Award & nominations for Dr. David Thomas Award
- The 2020 ISHA Conference will see the just the 2nd year of the presentation of our new annual ISHA Awards - The Pauline Carbery Memorial Award for 'Best Poster Presentation' & The Dr. David Thomas Award for 'Outstanding Contribution to 3rd Level Student Health'. » read more
- Alcohol Action Ireland (AAI) has recently launched its new strategic plan 2020-2024: Leading Change, A Society Free from Alcohol Harm.
- Alcohol Action Ireland (AAI) has recently launched its new strategic plan 2020-2024: Leading Change, A Society Free from Alcohol Harm. The plan sets out its vision, mission, values, goals and actions over the next five years. » read more
- HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) available through the HSE from 4th November 2019
- From 4th November, HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) will be available free of charge through the HSE to those who are at substantial risk of sexual acquisition of HIV in Ireland. » read more
- Dr Eoin Mc Donagh's radio interview about student health services and the new 'Student Health Matters' app
- Dr Eoin Mc Donagh GP and Medical Director at NUIG Health Centre, recently spoke on radio about student health services and the new 'Student Health Matters' app. Listen back to the interview here: https://www.mixcloud.com/flirtnewsfeed/dr-eoin-mcdonagh-speaks-about-what-led-to-the-development-of-the-student-health-matters-app/ » read more
- Success on the Double for Theresa Lowry-Lehnen at the Irish Healthcare Centre Awards and Irish Practice Nurses Association Conference!
- This past weekend proved to be an incredibly hectic, but very fruitful one, for Theresa Lowry-Lehnen, our valued ISHA colleague and Assistant PRO. She achieved a double success in relation to her smoking cessation interventions as part of the 'Smokeless Campus' initiative in IT Carlow, with her winning the Nursing Project of the Year award of the Irish Healthcare Centre Awards and the Educational Bursary at the 2019 IPNA Conference. » read more