Welcome to the website of the Irish Student Health Association
This site provides a forum for disseminating information and promoting discussion amongst those involved in the specialist field of healthcare provision for students in 3rd level education in Ireland.
- Dr Eoin Mc Donagh's radio interview about student health services and the new 'Student Health Matters' app
- Dr Eoin Mc Donagh GP and Medical Director at NUIG Health Centre, recently spoke on radio about student health services and the new 'Student Health Matters' app. Listen back to the interview here: https://www.mixcloud.com/flirtnewsfeed/dr-eoin-mcdonagh-speaks-about-what-led-to-the-development-of-the-student-health-matters-app/ » read more
- Success on the Double for Theresa Lowry-Lehnen at the Irish Healthcare Centre Awards and Irish Practice Nurses Association Conference!
- This past weekend proved to be an incredibly hectic, but very fruitful one, for Theresa Lowry-Lehnen, our valued ISHA colleague and Assistant PRO. She achieved a double success in relation to her smoking cessation interventions as part of the 'Smokeless Campus' initiative in IT Carlow, with her winning the Nursing Project of the Year award of the Irish Healthcare Centre Awards and the Educational Bursary at the 2019 IPNA Conference. » read more
- Athlone Institute of Technology is to launch a comprehensive student sexual health service to meet the needs of its growing student population
- Athlone Institute of Technology is to launch a comprehensive student sexual health service to meet the needs of its growing student population – 61% of whom are aged 18-24 and are classified as 'high risk' for sexually transmitted infections. The innovative nurse-led service will be overseen by a consultant specialist in genitourinary medicine and used as a model of best practice for community-based healthcare across the technological higher education and primary care sector. » read more
- HPV vaccination: The Facts
- There has been growing positive publicity and support for the HPV vaccination in Ireland and for efforts to improve the uptake rates. This linked in with the extension of the vaccination scheme to include boys, as well as with the airing of the inspirational and emotional TV documentary about HPV vaccine advocate, the late Laura Brennan. It was fitting that this tied in with the publication of an article about 'The Facts' around HPV vaccination from ISHA Assistant PRO, Theresa Lowry-Lehnen. » read more
- ISHA Assistant PRO & IT Carlow Student Health Nurse shortlisted for Practice Nurse of the Year
- The annual GP Buddy Awards take place this evening, Friday 13th September, in the Shelbourne Hotel, Dublin. The Irish Student Health Association would like to congratulate our wonderful colleague, Theresa Lowry-Lehnen, of IT Carlow, on her nomination and shortlisting in the Practice Nurse of the Year category and we wish her the very best of luck for tonight's ceremony! » read more