Welcome to the website of the Irish Student Health Association
The site aims to provide a forum for disseminating information and promoting discussion amongst those involved in providing healthcare to students in 3rd level education in Ireland.
- HIQA (23rd May, 2019) has published a HTA on C-reactive protein point-of-care testing (CRP POCT) to guide antibiotic prescribing for acute respiratory tract infections (RTIs) in primary care.
- HIQA (23rd May, 2019) has published a HTA on C-reactive protein point-of-care testing (CRP POCT) to guide antibiotic prescribing for acute respiratory tract infections (RTIs) in primary care. Inappropriate antibiotic consumption is associated with increased antimicrobial resistance, which causes increased illness and death from bacterial infections. Approximately 2.4m prescriptions are issued for RTIs in Ireland per year. CRP POCT could significantly reduce that number. » read more
- Smoking Cessation Interventions & Comprehensive Overview of Asthma - Update Journal on Respiratory Medicine
- The Update Journal in this week's Medical Independent focuses on Respiratory Medicine and features two fantastic articles from our ISHA Assistant PRO, Theresa Lowry Lehnen. The articles cover the very important clinical topics of Smoking Cessation Interventions, as well as an outstanding comprehensive overview regarding Asthma, based on 2018 GINA guidelines. An article on pages 28/29 of the journal also highlights the newly released May 2019 GINA Asthma updates. » read more
- HSE NATIONAL IMMUNISATION CONFERENCE THURSDAY 23RD MAY 2019
- The IPNA are pleased to let members know that the HSE National Immunisation Conference on Thursday 23rd May will be live streamed for members on the e learning portal of the IPNA website. http://www.irishpracticenurses.ie Join the conversation on Twitter using #NIOConf and tweeting @hseimm » read more
- Focus on Virology & Hepatitis C in Medical Independent
- Virology was the focus of the professional development section in the current issue of the Medical Independent, which included 2 excellent articles on Hepatitis C, one of which was written by IT Carlow Student Health Nurse & ISHA Assistant PRO, Theresa Lowry-Lehnen. » read more
- Minister Mitchell O’Connor launches a European Charter to promote gender equality in the University sector (15th May 2019)
- Mary Mitchell O'Connor T.D. Minister of State for Higher Education today (15th May 2019) formally launched a Charter to promote gender equality in the University sector. SAGE – Systemic Action for Gender Equality – is an EU-Horizon 2020 funded project designed to seek stronger action on gender equality in higher education and research. SAGE devises and implements interventions to advance gender equality in European countries, and is being led by Trinity College Dublin. » read more