Welcome to the website of the Irish Student Health Association
This site provides a forum for disseminating information and promoting discussion amongst those involved in the specialist field of healthcare provision for students in 3rd level education in Ireland.
- ISHA Assistant PRO & IT Carlow Student Health Nurse shortlisted for Practice Nurse of the Year
- The annual GP Buddy Awards take place this evening, Friday 13th September, in the Shelbourne Hotel, Dublin. The Irish Student Health Association would like to congratulate our wonderful colleague, Theresa Lowry-Lehnen, of IT Carlow, on her nomination and shortlisting in the Practice Nurse of the Year category and we wish her the very best of luck for tonight's ceremony! » read more
- Student Health Matters - exciting new App & interactive eBook available for Irish 3rd Level Students!
- Irish students will now be able access safe, evidence based and reliable health information instantly at the touch of a button. The Irish Student Health Association (ISHA) has launched a new 'Student Health Matters' App and Interactive eBook, providing students with easy, quick and convenient access to reliable and relevant health information, all in one place. » read more
- UK Student Health Association Annual Conference 2019
- The 71st Annual Conference of the UK Student Health Association took place at Sheffield University from 30th June- 3rd July 2019. An extremely well organised event with a wide variety of visiting speakers and educational workshops, the conference attracted members from all over the UK and some delegates who attended even travelled from as far away as New Zealand. The Irish Student Health Association was represented and had two of its members present. » read more
- IT Carlow Student Medical Centre 'Smokeless Campus' Project shortlisted for 2019 Irish Healthcare Centre Awards, Nursing Project of the Year.
- IT Carlow Student Medical Centre, and Nurse Theresa Lowry-Lehnen, have received deserved recognition of the excellent 'Smokeless Campus' Smoking Cessation initiative, with it being shortlisted for this year's 2019 Irish Healthcare Centre Awards, Nursing Project of the Year. The project, which had a very significant positive impact, was displayed as a poster presentation at the ISHA 2019 Conference and was also published in medical and nursing journals in recent months. » read more
- Gastroenterology CPD Module on Crohn's Disease
- A recent article on Crohn's Disease, authored by Theresa Lowry-Lehnen, Clinical Nurse Practitioner & Associate Lecturer at Institute of Technology Carlow, and ISHA Assistant PRO, has been incorporated into a new online CPD Module/Tutorial. This module discusses the clinical presentation and the main types of Crohn's disease. It also addresses the diagnosis, treatment and management of this emotionally challenging and physically debilitating disease. » read more