Mental Health Ireland. Sharing the Vision - Translating Policy into Practice Webinar. Friday, 9th October 2020 10:00 – 13:00 IST
A Mental Health Ireland's webinar to mark World Mental Health Day, Sharing the Vision - Translating Policy into Practice. Register at: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/sharing-the-vision-translating-policy-into-practice-webinar-tickets-121195427787
About this Event
This event has been co-produced by Mental Health Ireland and members of the Galway Local Mental Health Forum, Wexford Mental Health Association, Mayo Recovery College, Kilkenny Local Mental Health Forum, the Office of Mental Health Engagement & Recovery, CHO 6 Recovery Education, and HSE Mental Health Services.
We are delighted to have panelists from the Mental Health Commission, Mental Health Reform, the Office of Mental Health Engagement & Recovery, the HSE Mental Health Services, the National Office for Suicide Prevention, and University College Cork.
In keeping with the theme of World Mental Health Day, Mental Health for All – Greater Investment – Greater Access. Everyone, everywhere, our coproduction team for the event were keen to explore Sharing the Vision – a Mental Health Policy for Everyone for the period 2020-2030 through a lens of tangibility. To do this we engaged speakers who represent projects that are already translating the recommendations in Sharing the Vision into practice and which also embody the 4 principles of the policy; Recovery, Trauma Informed, Human Rights, and Valuing & Learning.
Furthermore, we have invited a panel of subject matter experts to reflect on the following questions from their perspective; 'How will we know when the policy is successfully implemented?', and 'What does a mental health system that encapsulates the principles of Recovery, Trauma-Informed, Human Rights and Valuing and Learning look like?'. The panel will be hosted by Hugh Kane, Chair of the Oversight Group for Sharing the Vision – a Mental Health Policy for Everyone for the period 2020-2030 and current Chairman of the Board for Mental Health Ireland.
Please find below a brief overview of the agenda for the day.
- 10am: Welcome and Opening
- 10:10: Sharing the Vision - Context/Overview: Mr Hugh Kane, Chair MHI Board
- 10:25: Art (Coproduced for the event by students of the Mayo Recovery College.)
- 10:30: Presentation 1: by Aisling Doherty & Anne Sheridan Mental Health Promotion – Exploring its Vision followed by Q&A
- 10:50: Presentation 2: by the coproduced group of the Galway Community Cafe followed by 10 mins Q&A
- 11:10: Break – Art during Break (Coproduced for the event by students of the Mayo Recovery College.)
- 11:30: Presentation 3: Individual Placement Programme coproduced by Wexford Mental Health Association followed by 10 mins Q&A
- 11:50: Presentation 4: Engagement Forum on Accountability & Continuous Improvement coproduced by Martin Rogan, CEO, MHI and the Kilkenny Mental Health Forum members followed by 10 mins Q&A
- 12:10: Art Piece (Coproduced for the event by students of the Mayo Recovery College.)
- 12:20: Panel Discussion & Q&A: Including panelists -
John Meehan, Assistant National Director, Mental Health Strategy & Planning, Head of National Office for Suicide Prevention, HSE
John Farrelly, Chief Executive Mental Health Commission
Michael Ryan, National Head of Mental Health Engagement and Recovery
Dr Sharon Lambert, Lecturer and Co-Director Masters in Applied Psychology MAAP University College Cork
Martin Rogan, Chief Executive Officer, Mental Health Ireland
Fiona Coyle, Chief Executive Officer, Mental Health Reform
Anne Sheridan, Programme Manager Mental Health and Wellbeing ,HSE
- 12:55: Close & Music & Art