Excellent range of Resources available via HSE's SexualWellbeing.ie Website
The HSE Sexual Health & Crisis Pregnancy Programme launched their new website towards the end of 2018. It has been developed to become a wonderful source of information and practice resources, which are of huge benefit to both the public and healthcare professionals alike. Thanks to Caroline Hurley, Project Manager for the Sexual Health & Crisis Pregnancy Programme, we have an excellent summary below of the resources and variety links contained on the website.
The website homepage is https://www.sexualwellbeing.
The page on https://www.sexualwellbeing.
There is a page on https://www.sexualwellbeing.
All the patient information leaflets can be downloaded or ordered for free through https://www.healthpromotion.ie
- Under search publications – click sexual health (or any other topic you might want)
- When you are registered as a professional, you can order greater quantities.
- A Guide to STIs in English – additional languages will be available shortly
- Leaflets on each STI and genital condition
- The updated 'Your Contraceptive Choices' Leaflet
- The My Options - HSE Unplanned Pregnancy Telephone Helpline Leaflet is already there to order. The posters and leaflets on medical and surgical abortions will be available to order over the coming weeks.
The 'For Professionals' part of the website is still being developed, but already includes information on training, research and publications etc. https://www.sexualwellbeing.