Active* Consent Toolkit Launch Monday 21st September at 4:30 pm
NUI Galway's Active* Consent Programme invites you to attend the launch of the Active* Consent Toolkit: Developing a Consent Strategy for your Higher Education Institution, launched by Minister Simon Harris, Department of Further & Higher Education, Research, Innovation & Science at 4.30 PM on Monday, September 21st via Zoom.
Other speakers will include:
- Ross Woods, Senior Manager, Centre for Gender Equality, Higher Education Authority
- Clare Austick, Vice President for Welfare, Union of Students in Ireland
- Noeline Blackwell, CEO, Dublin Rape Crisis Centre
The Active* Consent Toolkit:
Offers guidance for HEIs designing an Action Plan to address consent, sexual violence and harassment through a sustainable, joined-up strategy across each campus community.
Provides resources and research from the new online Active* Consent Programme designed to meet the call for consent education for all students in 2020-21.
It is aimed at:
● Higher Education staff and administrators, including managers, academic, and support staff.
● Student representatives working with their Students' Unions, Societies and Sports Clubs, or on behalf of their academic disciplines.
● The wider community including external stakeholders such as the rape crisis movement, advocacy groups, and post-primary education.
Adapted to face the ongoing pandemic, the Active* Consent Toolkit features a new three-stage HEI consent education programme for 2020-2021 that can be delivered fully online and makes direct use of the findings of the recent Active* Consent/Union of Students in Ireland Sexual Experiences Survey (SES) (read more about these findings here: http://www.nuigalway.ie/student-life/student-support/active-consent/our-research/)
As part of the toolkit, Active* Consent is also launching an eLearning module, Sexual Violence and Harassment: How to Support Yourself and Your Peers, available for use from 15 October 2020.
A brief overview of the toolkit contents, as well as new research findings from the Active* Consent Programme team on students' perceptions of consent, barriers to consent, rape myths, and bystander preparedness, will be presented.
Please RSVP via Eventbrite by Monday 21st September at 10 AM: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/launch-of-the-active-consent-toolkit-for-heis-tickets-121186274409?aff=ebdssbeac
All RSVPs will receive a Zoom link by 12noon on Monday to access the event.