Annual Irish Student Health Association Conference 2019
The Annual Irish Student Health Association Conference with the theme of 'Student Health: Head to Toe in 2019" will take place on Friday 1st & Saturday 2nd March 2019 hosted by our UCC colleagues at The Kingsley Hotel, Carrigrohane Road in Cork. This conference is open to all professionals working in the field of student health including doctors, nurses and administrators.
This year our conference has a wonderful line up and features a keynote address by Margaret Murphy, Patient Advocate (W.H.O. Patients for Patient Safety) on 'The Patient Experience as a Catalyst for Change'.
The 2019 conference will also provide student health professionals with relevant professional updates relating to contraception, crisis pregnancy and E.M.A, clinical guidelines for practice and drug and alcohol use. We are particularly excited to feature a presenation entitled 'Changing the Game' which will outline the new model for diagnosis and treatment of concussion and includes a presentation by Derek O'Neill, Lead Physiotherapist UPMC.
A Non-clinical workshop on GDPR & Daily Challenges for Practice for secretaries and administrators will be facilitated.
The ISHA Executive and Conference Organising Committee are now calling for submission of Abstract entries for their Poster Presentation Competition. This competition is open to any research or study that relates to any element of Student Health or Wellbeing. We are presently seeking submission of abstracts (max. 400 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a closing date for receipt of applications of Friday 22nd February.
[Notes: Posters will be evaluated based on the following three parameters: Presentation Style, Research Quality & Layout/Design.The Pauline Carberry Memorial Award and a prize of €500 will be presented to the winning poster presentation. Poster Size - A0 (Portrait format - Height 118.9cm Width 84.1cm)]
CPD/ CEU accreditation has been requested from NMBI and ICGP
Early booking is advised via https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/student-health-head-to-toe-2019-tickets-55335217124?utm-medium=discovery&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&aff=escb&utm-source=cp&utm-term=listing
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Located just a 30 minute walk from Cork City, The Kingsley is easily accessible by many routes.
DIRECTIONS LEAVING CORK AIRPORT BY CAR:
- Upon leaving the airport, at the roundabout which joins the main road, take the 1st exit onto N27, follow the road down through numerous traffic lights until you reach the exit for the South Ring.
- Here turn left onto the ramp to N25/Cuarbhóthar (Thior)/South Ring (West)/N22/N71,merge onto the N40 and take the exit toward Sarsfield Road Roundabout.
- At Sarsfield Road Roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Sarsfield Road/N71/R849 and after a while a sharp left onto Carrigrohane Road/N22, The Kingsley will be on the right.
DIRECTIONS BY TRAIN:
- If you are arriving to Cork by train, follow the N8 to Patrick's Quay and continue to Camden Place.
- Continue to travel to Camden Quay, then Popes Quay, making your way towards the North Mall.
- When you reach the North Mall, turn left onto Western Road which you can follow until you reach the Carrigrohane Road where you will find The Kingsley on your right.
- Alternatively, you can take the 205 bus directly from Kent Station which will bring you as far as University College Cork which is only a short distance from The Kingsley.
ACCESSIBLE BY BUS ROUTE:
- The Kingsley can be accessed by taking the 208 bus from Patrick's Street in the city centre and travelling as far as Dennehy's Cross.
- From here, it is just a short walk to our Cork hotel. Alternatively, you can take the 232 Bus from the Bus Station in the city centre which will bring you directly to the County Hall stop, which is directly across from The Kingsley.
DIRECTIONS FROM DUBLIN BY CAR:
- If you are arriving from Dublin, take the M50 southbound and continue on it to R110.
- Take Exit 9 form M50 and continue to Kildare.
- Follow the M7 and M8 to Sarsfield Rd/N71 in Cork, exit from N40.
- At Sarsfield Rd Roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Sarsfield Road/N71.
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Wilton Rd/N71.
- Go straight through Dennehy's Cross to Victoria Cross.
- Turn left onto Carrigrohane Road and The Kingsley will be on your right side.
Complimentary underground and overground parking available for Residents of The Kingsley. For further information regarding parking, please contact reception on +353 (0)21 480 0500T
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Yes, please present your ticket to registration
What are the accommodation options?
Please contact the hotel directly to reserve your accommodation.
40 rooms are held for delegates attending the event at the following conference rate:
Rates €130 single B+B
€145 double B+B
Rooms release date 6 weeks prior to arrival date. After this date the best available rate will be offered to guests at the time of booking.